Saturday, July 25, 2009

Energy Balls

Anyone else out there have a picky-eater-toddler? Yep, I feel your pain. My 2 year old is really only interested in eating something if its a "snack", a cookie, or a doh-dot (that's toddler-speak for donut). So I pretty much present all meals as "snacks", and I try to convince him certain things are either cookies or doh-dots.

When I found this recipe on one of my new favorite websites, Wholesome Toddler Foods, I knew it would be perfect for my little guy. It choc-full-o healthy ingredients, but sweet enough to pass as a cookie, but SHAPED like a Tim Horton's Timbit - a FAVORITE in this house! The recipe calls them "Energy Balls", but I call them "Cookie Doh-Dots". Wins him over every time!

See how excited he is?!


And look, there's still a smile AFTER consumption...


Here's the recipe:

  • 1/4 cup finely grated carrots
  • 1/4 cup rolled oats or granola (I used granola)
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 3 tbsb peanut butter
Mix, refridgerate for 2 hours, then roll into balls.

Happy snacking!

3 comments:

  1. i will have to try that. i love the seat he is in. we have that for our boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound awesome! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting us at SIMPLE!