As a mom of a toddler I am reminded daily how difficult it can be to get a balanced diet into my little man. While he would be happy eating only yogurt, cheese and graham crackers -- I strive to make sure he has a little more substance and diversity in the foods he eats.
Luckily for moms and dads of picky eaters we now have a secret weapon in our corner -- Jack's Bites! Jack's Bites is a website started by a fellow mother who went in search of great, nutritious, baby and child-friendly recipes to make for her son, Jack. When she came up empty handed she decided to create her own. I am so glad she did. Jack's Bites recipes are healthy, easy to make and ... most importantly... delicious!
Here is just one of Jack's Bites' delicious recipes -- Carrot "Chips" (so fun!):
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the carrot. (I slice them very thin.)
- Lightly scramble the egg in one bowl, and place the breadcrumbs in another.
- Dip the carrot slices in the egg, then thoroughly coat them in the breadcrumbs.
- Place them in the skillet. Allow them to cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown. Add more oil as needed.
- When finished cooking, lay the carrot “chips” on a paper towel until cool.
- Serve immediately.
Jack's Bites also boasts some great tips for introducing new foods (not always a pleasurable experience), organic foods and freezing tips. With this website in your back pocket you will never have to face an uncertain meal menu again.
Head on over to http://jacksbites.com/ to find great recipes for all your baby and child feeding needs! And you can visit them on Facebook as well ;)