Before I had my first son, I knew I wanted to breastfeed. I was really committed to doing everything to make it work. I invested in a Medela Pump In Style breastpump, and was so thankful to have it!
This time around, I am taking pumping to the next level...with the Medela Freestyle pump. (*insert cheering here*) My other Medela pump was awesome throughout breastfeeding my first two kids for a year each...and it certainly would have done just as well for baby #3. But I had the opportunity to test out the Freestyle pump, and I have to say its a big upgrade! Medela has become a brand I trust after using two of their pumps, all their accessories, and many of their other products. AND? They have phenomenal customer service.
Did you know that the Freestyle pump offers a hands-free option? Oh yes they do! The pump itself fits in the palm of your hand. With a charged up battery, you can go "wireless" with it by hooking it to your pants or belt. The straps (shown to the right) can attach to almost any nursing bra and holds the breastshields/bottles in place for true hands-free pumping! This is perfect for someone like me who still has two toddlers to care for while pumping. One of my friends told me she used this while driving home from work. HA!!
There are so many great things about the Medela Freestyle breastpump, which you can read in detail here. Let me highlight for you some of my favorite features:
- The flexibility! I like being able to roam around the house while I pump or sit without having to be "plugged in". (or return emails and facebook while pumping, *ahem*)
- The Expression technology - I was a little worried this wouldn't "suck" as well as my other Medela pump, but its just as good if not better!
- That there's a timer on the pump. (it's the little things...)
- That each Medela pump comes with everything you need for successful pumping, whether you just need it for home use or to take to work, etc. They think of everything!
- Like I said before, Medela's customer service is top notch. They stand behind their products and have super friendly people.
To sum it up, I'm crazy about Medela products and highly recommend them to everyone. It is so worth the investment to get a nice pump - especially if you plan to breastfeed for an extended period of time and/or through multiple children. My hospital charges $80 a month to rent a pump, ouch! You cannot go wrong with a Medela breastpump, and I can equally recommend the Pump In Style or the Freestyle. But the Freestyle obviously has more "bells and whistles" that can make your pumping experience easier and more enjoyable.
Medela Freestyle Breastpump :: $379.99
Join Medela on Facebook and Twitter for breastfeeding tips, advice, encouragement, and to share stories!
*I was provided the Medela Freestyle
Breastpump in order to conduct this
review. The opinions shared here
are my own.*