Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Heart of Haiti

Can you believe it? It will be one year ago, tomorrow. The earth shook,crumbled and devastated the people of Haiti.

Some days if feels like ages ago, other days more like just last week.

The people of Haiti are strong in heart and spirit, and have started the process of rebuilding and healing. Time can heal wounds, but they still need our help.

Interested in finding out a new way to help? There is a simple (and fashionable) way.  Macy's has partnered with Haitian artist in a fun and unique opportunity. Through Heart of Haiti, everyday folks like us can purchase handmade items from Haiti, and the proceeds directly benefit the artist who created it.

Artisans receive 22% of the the retail price!  This money helps them rebuilt their lives, regain confidence in their craft, and support their friends and family.

In return, you not only get an amazing piece of handcrafted art, but the satisfaction of helping another human achieve their dreams of being independent.

GET IT YOURSELF! Check out the wide selection over at Macy.com.

I was selected for this very special “CleverHaiti” opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity. All opinions are my own.



  1. What a great post! Thank you so much for sharing Heart of Haiti. Did you know there is a twitter party tonight for the 1 yr anniversary of the quake?

    Here are the deets: http://bit.ly/gnoHaiti

  2. I think this is a good idea in theory... I just think that 22% of the profit is pathetic. Look at that... "Of The Profit". Which means that Macy's keeps the other 78% of the profit. Not to mention that actual cost it takes to produce and market the items. In reality it's just a scheme to make them look good.
    I have nothing against Simple or you, Emily, but I hate this kind of marketing!


Thank you for visiting us at SIMPLE!